Richard A. Medina
Phone: (212) 742-0256
- Brooklyn College 1981
- B.A. Political Science Cum Laude
- Brooklyn Law School 1984
- Juris Doctorate
- Member Moot Court Honor Society
- Admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey
- United States District Courts for the Southern
- District of New York,
- Eastern District of New York,
- District of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Named among 100 top Criminal Defense Attorneys for 2017 by The National Trial Lawyers
Richard A. Medina, Esq. has been practicing law in the States of New York and New Jersey and the Federal District Courts in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of New Jersey for thirty years, and is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Medina was on the defense teams of Bernhard Goetz (1985), John Gotti (1986 – 1987), Congressman Mario Biaggi (1987), Peter Gotti (2004) and numerous other high profile matters.
Mr. Medina represents clients in all aspects of criminal and family law litigation, such as Federal R.I.C.O. law; narcotics laws; mail and wire fraud, and securities fraud and child custody and matrimonial actions, in which he has obtained settlements valued in the millions of dollars.
Mr. Medina has been a guest lecturer at Long Island University and Bergen Community College, and he was recently named by The National Trial Lawyers as one of 2017’s “Top 100 Criminal Lawyers”.